Setting up a branch in Spain
The branches are establishments of a fixed nature, created by a non-resident parent company in order to carry out their economic activities in Spanish territory. They lack legal personality, unlike subsidiaries, and are subordinated to their parent company. Therefore, a branch does not constitute an independent and separate entity, but a mere extension of its parent company in Spanish territory.
Principal characteristics of a branch
The main characteristics of a branch can be summarized as follows:
- It is an establishment that lacks its own legal personality. The parent company maintains control of legal personality.
- It is a secondary establishment subordinated to the main company or parent company, although it has a certain management autonomy.
- The responsibility of a branch is not independent of its parent company.
- A branch does not require a minimum capital stock, unlike a subsidiary.
- The legal representative or representatives appointed by a parent company act as agents and manage the branch. However, there are no formal administrative bodies, as in a subsidiary.
- A branch must keep its own accounting of the activities it carries out.
Setting up a branch in Spain?
Why choose Carbray for your Setting up a branch in Spain?
Carbray Lawyers have spent years, and solved numerous cases gaining the respect and trust of our clients. Whether it’s a business. Carbray will always help with your setting up a branch in Spain.
Our dedicated team is proud to have many experienced lawyers from all around the world. Our team can speak many languages including Russian, English, Spanish, French and Italian to name a few
When managing your setting up a branch in Spain, fees can often lead to more stress than desired. Here at Carbray, we offer flexible prices to suit all customers.
We know that managing your setting up a branch in Spain can often lead to unforeseen worries, and unplanned difficulties, but Carbray will make sure to minimize these worries and get the results you want.
A few words of appreciation from a few happy clients
“My wife and I had always had the dream of setting up a branch in Spain, but were always put off by the processes involved in setting it up (and our Spanish was a little rusty…!). However, we did a bit of research and thankfully found Carbray who advised us through the whole process, and made our dream become a reality!”
“A couple of years ago, I visited Madrid and absolutely fell in love with the place. I decided I wanted to have a go at managing my own branch in Spain, but didn´t know how to do so. Luckily, I found Carbray who assisted me with everything. I can´t thank the team enough for all of the help I received. Thank you Carbray!”
“I have a business in England, and was interested in expanding my business to Spain but had no idea of the laws, regulations and processes in order to do so. I always thought maybe having a setting up a branch in Spain as well would be too much hassle, but I have to say Carbray and their team cast away all of these feelings! I now have a multinational business running in London and Madrid. Thank you so much!”