Work Visa – Employment Law Services in Spain
Bringing the very best workers to Spain, with dynamic legal solutions.
Whether you’re a non-EU citizen with a potential job offer in Spain, or you’re an employer who needs to hire from outside the EU, leave the logistics to us.
Get a Work Permit in Spain
and open new doors for yourself
- Clear criteria. As long as the position and the worker fit the specifications, we will be able to deal with your application quickly and simply. Our team will assess eligibility right away – contact us.
- Long duration. The initial visa last one year, and has an easy renewal process which is automatically granted as long as the same conditions are met. After 5 years the worker can claim permanent residency.
- All the benefits of Spanish residency are guaranteed for the worker under Spanish employment law, including rights to public services, and freedom to travel around the whole Schengen area.
- Opening the path for your family to accompany you. After one year you can apply for the Family Reunification Visa which will allow your close family to reside in Spain too. If you’d like them to accompany sooner, we can look at other types of Visa that are independent of yours – to discuss options with one of our immigration experts, please contact us
It’s important to note that the process for gaining a work permit under Spanish employment law is always started by the company offering the position, not by the worker. There are various conditions under which companies are allowed to hire workers from outside Spain or the EU.
- There is a list of professions which have ‘insufficient coverage’, which is updated quarterly. To find out the most up-to-date information on this, contact us.
- If the profession is not included in this list, Spanish employment law provides for other ways to apply, for example if the company can prove that they have not been able to find a suitable candidate from Spain or the EU.
- The worker must prove that they have the qualifications required for the role.
- The company must prove that it has sufficient means for the economic commitment detailed in the contract.
Choose Carbray! We have helped hundreds of clients in the same situation as you!
Looking to maximize your opportunities and wish to be hired in Spain? Or perhaps you’re getting ready to bring in an employee from a foreign country?
Whichever is your current situation, we at Carbray are experts on visas and compliance for businesses, big and small.
Mastering all the legal obligations while focusing on scaling your career or business can be tough if you’re doing it on your own. And Youtube videos can only get you so far.
That’s why our team of global mobility experts handle the whole process so you don’t have to.
We have created a smooth, speedy and stress-free path for companies and individuals for more than a decade. You can rest assured that we’ll guide you through the global expansion of your opportunities with full compliance.
Our next success story is yours.
Process with CARBRAY
How we work:
- Initial review to confirm the company and the worker are eligible and advise you on the best procedure.
- Full overseeing of the documentation preparation, and the requirements in terms of formats, translations etc, as well as completion of the application form. Our team carries out a meticulous check of the whole application before submitting.
- Progress tracking – our team will be in frequent contact with the appropriate embassies and authorities to get a resolution in the shortest time possible.
- Dedicated member of our team available throughout the process to answer any questions or solve any problems from the company or the worker.
- Management of the whole confirmation process once your application is approved, including appointments to register with the local authorities and collect official visa documentation. You’ll be ready to get started in the quickest time possible.
- Avoid time wasted contacting different companies or agencies in future. Whether you’re a worker needing assistance with family visas, renewals or property, or a company looking to transfer various workers, our departments will seamlessly coordinate to offer you solutions. Contact us.
What are the requirements?
Although the criteria are fairly simple once we establish viability, the documentation required is quite complex. Hence why having an expert legal team on your side is a must. We’ll help you prepare every detail of the application according to your exact situation. Some common documentation requirements include:
- Company documentation confirming the eligibility of the company, as well as financial situation, and the circumstances which allow for the hiring of a non-EU citizen.
- Worker viability documentation – qualifications that prove the suitability of the worker for the role, job offer & contract
- Personal documentation –passport with correct validity, criminal record checks, medical insurance proof etc.
We’ll help you every step of the way.
You’re in good hands!
Meet some of our team members
Head of Madrid Office | Immigration | Global Mobility
Senior Immigration Lawyer | Global Mobility
To find out if you or your company are eligible for a work permit under Spanish employment law, contact us.
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Opening the door to a bright future
Nationality & Citizenship
More than a decade’s experience in successful nationality claims.
All your legal needs for setting up or growing your business in Spain.
Manager and acquire your assets easily and safely