What you need to know about Spain’s Nomad Visa or Freelancer Visa
The rise of Digital Nomads around the globe has created a sea change in the work sphere. This has led companies to adapt and governments to create tailored legislation that will benefit foreign investments and attract remote workers.
With expats raving about Spain’s high quality of life, great infrastructure and sporting opportunities, we can expect an enormous global interest in this residency.
Here are the known eligibility criteria for the 2023 Spain Digital Nomad Visa:
What are the benefits included in the Remote Work Visa from Spain?
- The right to reside in Spain for five years.
- Same travel rights as a European citizen: Freedom of movement around the whole Schengen area.
- Digital Nomad Spain taxes: The holders of this residency will benefit from a tax reduction, by only having to pay non-resident income tax rates (IRNR) instead of resident income tax rates (IRPF) – which represents a lowered rate of 15%.
What will life look like once you receive the Freelancer Visa in Spain?
Once in Spain, you will enjoy:
- High quality of life, a low cost of living, one of the world’s best cuisines and wines, rich culture, a mild climate, and a high level of security
- The best quality healthcare clinics and hospitals.
- One of the fastest internet connections in Europe.
- High standard infrastructure and welcoming culture.
Who can apply for Spain’s Remote Work Visa?
- Any non-EU national who works remotely and is employed by a non-Spanish company is eligible.
- Digital nomads who can sustain themselves economically through their online income. From said income, no more than 20% can come from Spanish companies.
- Employed remote workers must demonstrate a continuous contractual relationship of at least one year with their employer.
- A possible minimum monthly income will be instated. More to come on this point.
You can now apply for the new Digital Nomad Visa of Spain
The new Startup Law 028/2022 which regulates the Digital Nomad Visa of Spain, was published in the Official State Gazette (BOE) and came into effect last December 23, 2022. This means that you can officially begin to apply for this special visa!
Please keep in mind that details regarding the application process and some requirements for the Digital Nomad Visa still need to be clarified. More information is yet to be announced by the Spanish government.
To avoid potential pitfalls, our lawyers will gladly help you with your visa application process. With our up-to-date knowledge of Spanish immigration procedures, we will fast-track your move to Spain so you can start enjoying all the benefits included in this visa regime.
At Carbray we know that your immigration process is not just about the paperwork. It means unlocking exciting opportunities and access to a better lifestyle.
With the consulates and embassies occasionally applying the law differently, it’s in your best interest if you let an experienced immigration lawyer handle your process.
Our team of Immigration Lawyers in Spain has been creating a smooth, speedy and stress-free path for our clients. We’ll guide you through the whole process, so you can take this important step in your life confident that every detail has been taken care of by an expert.
Our next success story is yours.
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Let's open the door to a brighter new future in Spain.
Fulfill your dream of retiring on the idyllic Mediterranean coast. We can help bring your family with you.
Establish your business in the entrepreneurial Spanish hub with our legal guidance.
Study in one of the favorite destinations for all international students.