Visa in Portugal
The benefits included in the new 2022 Digital Nomad Visa of Portugal make it
one of the best digital nomad destinations. This is the perfect option for
non-EU citizens that work remotely and wish to settle in this idyllic country.
- Enjoy the right to reside in beautiful Portugal.
- Freedom of travel around the Schengen Area.
- You can even bring your family with you.
Apply for the best EU
Digital Nomad Visa
and start enjoying Portugal
Why is the Digital Nomad Visa Portugal one of the best EU Nomad Visas?
With the rise of digital nomads, thousands of remote workers have turned to Portugal in search of the perfect place for a dreamy lifestyle and work balance.
Portugal’s Digital Nomad Visa has become the best European Nomad Visa, as it offers:
- The right to reside in Portugal for two years. You will obtain an initial two-year residence that can be renewed for 3 additional years.
- Family reunification. Portugal’s Digital Nomad Visa allows for your spouse, children and parents to come with you and enjoy the same rights by applying to the Family Reunification.
- Right to work remotely as long as your clients or employer are non-Portuguese.
- Same travel rights as a European citizen. Freedom of movement around the whole Schengen area.
- A path to Portuguese citizenship. After five continuous residency years, you can apply for permanent residency. This is the first step toward obtaining Portuguese citizenship.
What will life look like once you receive the Remote Worker Visa for Portugal?
Portugal’s residency permit will become your pathway to a new life filled with cultural experiences and new opportunities.
Once in Portugal, you will enjoy:
- High quality of life, a relatively low cost of living, one of the world’s best cuisines and wines, rich culture, mild climate, and a high level of security.
- The best quality healthcare clinics and hospitals.
- Powerful internet connection across the whole country.
- High standard of schooling and access to many prestigious universities at lower EU tuition fees.
Avoid the risks of going it alone! Fast-track your move to Portugal with the help of an Immigration Lawyer in Portugal.
At Carbray we know that your immigration process is not just about the paperwork. It means unlocking exciting opportunities and access to a better lifestyle.
With the Portuguese consulates and embassies occasionally applying the law differently, it’s in your best interest if you let an experienced immigration lawyer handle your process.
Our team of Immigration Lawyers in Portugal has been creating a smooth, speedy and stress-free path for our clients. We’ll guide you through the whole process, so you can take this important step in your life confident that every detail has been taken care of by an expert.
Our next success story is yours.
Process with CARBRAY
As a digital nomad, you might know first-hand that handling an immigration process can turn difficult if done on your own. To avoid potential risks, our lawyers have all the contacts and know-how to get you a Portugal residence permit completely stress-free.
Our team will:
- Be your eyes and ears on the ground in Portugal. We will provide you with all of the advice and local knowledge you need.
- Support you with a full breakdown of every requirement. Our immigration attorneys will support you with a checklist of every document and the requirements in terms of formats, translations, etc.
- Get you to the right appointment at the right office with less waiting time. The initial application must be made in person at the Portuguese Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence. Once you’re given your visa, you will have a set biometrics appointment in Portugal to get your residence permit from the SEF.
- Keep you on track with timing so that you never miss a deadline.
- Cover all your legal solutions. Including translation of your documents, creation of a Portuguese NIF (tax number), registration with the local authorities, and collection of your official residency card. Further on, we can deal with visa renewals, permanent residency and citizenship.
What are the requirements?
The requirements for the Portuguese Digital Nomad Visa are very straightforward.
- Minimum wage. The applicant must be earning at least 3040€ per month in order to apply for this visa.
- Must be a non-EU citizen. The applicant cannot be from the EEA or Switzerland, neither can it be a relative of a citizen from these countries.
- Necessary documentation: Visa application form, criminal record check, private Portuguese healthcare, passport photos, motivation letter, etc.
- Income requirement: As the main applicant, you must prove a minimum income amount. This minimum amount gets higher for each additional adult and child that applies with you. Get in touch with us for more details on this.
- Demonstrate labour activity. Through an employment contract or a services agreement for a Non-Portuguese individual or company.
- Open a bank account to prove financial means. We can help you open a Portuguese bank account remotely. An amount sufficient for the family to live for a year must be transferred.
- Housing in Portugal. You are required to secure adequate accommodation before you travel to Portugal.
- Stay requirement. On average, you must spend a minimum of six consecutive months, or eight non-consecutive months in Portugal, per the first two years.
- After submitting your application, the Portuguese Consulate will have 2 months to process it.
You’re in good hands!
Are you ready to get your Digital Nomad Visa for Portugal with full legal safety?
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Let's open the door to a brighter new future in Spain.
Fulfill your dream of retiring on the idyllic Mediterranean coast. We can help bring your family with you.
Establish your business in the entrepreneurial Spanish hub with our legal guidance.
Study in one of the favorite destinations for all international students.