D2 Visa Portugal
The D2 Visa Portugal or Immigrant Entrepreneur Visa, allows foreign individuals who are not citizens of EU member states, EEA, or Switzerland, to obtain residency by demonstrating financial means and the intention to make an investment in the country.
- Enjoy the right to reside and work in Portugal.
- Freedom of travel around the Schengen Area.
- Benefit from the special Portuguese NHR tax regime.
- You can even bring your family with you.
Get quick access to a residency permit through the D2 Visa
Portugal’s vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem has become increasingly attractive for businesses and startups in recent years. With a highly skilled and educated workforce, programs in place to support entrepreneurship, as well as low costs of living, the country offers many advantages to establishing and growing your business.
What are the benefits included in Portugal’s Entrepreneur Visa?
- The right to live and set up a business or work as a freelancer.
- Same travel rights as a European citizen. Freedom of movement around the whole Schengen area.
- Family reunification. Portugal’s Entrepreneur Visa allows for your immediate family members to come with you and enjoy the same rights.
- Eligibility for Portugal’s Non-Habitual Resident tax regime.
- A path to Portuguese citizenship. After 5 continuous residency years, you can apply for permanent residency. This is the first step toward obtaining Portuguese citizenship.
What will life look like once you receive Portugal’s Entrepreneur Visa?
Portugal’s residency permit will become your pathway to a new life filled with cultural experiences and new opportunities.
Once in Portugal, you will enjoy:
- The best quality healthcare clinics and hospitals.
- Powerful internet connection across the whole country.
- High standard of schooling and access to many prestigious universities at lower EU tuition fees.
- High quality of life, a relatively low cost of living, one of the world’s best cuisines, rich culture, mild climate, and a high level of security.
Who can apply for the Entrepreneur Visa?
- Individuals interested in starting a business in Portugal.
- Entrepreneurs who wish to expand their existing business from their country of origin to Portugal.
- Self-employed professionals seeking to work in Portugal, including freelancers and digital nomads as long as they can demonstrate the relevance of their specialized services to the country.
Set up your business with the help of our Business Lawyers in Portugal
Whether you want to set up a startup, a smaller business or one of the world’s largest corporations, at Carbray we can serve all your needs, big or small.
From remaining compliant with creating your company to obtaining the required immigration documents to start operating, we will take care of the end-to-end process so you can focus on the planning of your business.
Our team of Business Lawyers in Portugal has been creating a smooth, speedy and stress-free path for our clients. We’ll guide you through the whole process, so you can take this important step in your life confident that every detail has been taken care of by an expert.
Our next success story is yours.
Process with CARBRAY
As a foreigner, you might know first-hand that handling an immigration process can turn difficult if done on your own. To avoid potential risks, our lawyers have all the contacts and know-how to get you a Portugal residence permit completely stress-free. Our team will:
- Be your eyes and ears on the ground in Portugal. We will provide you with all of the advice and local knowledge you need.
- Provide you with a full breakdown of every document you need. We will support you with a checklist of every and the requirements in terms of formats, translations, etc.
- Get you to the right appointment at the right office with less waiting time. The initial application must be made at the Portuguese Consulate in your country of residence. We will coordinate everything for you. Once you’re given your visa, you will have a set biometrics appointment in Portugal to get your residence permit from the SEF.
- Keep you on track with timing so that you never miss a deadline.
- Cover all your legal solutions. Including registering with the local authorities and collecting your official residency card. Further on, we can deal with visa renewals, and eventually permanent residency and citizenship. Let us know your situation and we will handle everything on your behalf.
What are the D2 Visa requirements?
To obtain a D2 Visa from Portugal, the evaluation process considers the potential and conditions of your company’s contribution to the country. To be eligible, you will need to comply with the D2 Visa Portugal requirements:
- Necessary documentation. Visa application form, passport document, criminal record check, private healthcare, passport photos, evidence of accommodation, etc.
- Statement of investment. A statement indicating that you have already made, or plan to make, an investment in Portugal, including details about the nature, value, and duration of the investment.
- Business plan. A comprehensive business plan outlining the reasons for starting your business.
- Social capital requirement: An initial investment that ensures the company can function even if it is not yet profitable. Ask us for more details on this.
- Proof of your financial capacity to support your proposed business venture and yourself.
- A well-established resume. Liberal professionals should include a written proposal outlining the services they plan to provide.
- Fiscal representative. Non-EU citizens applying for the D2 Visa are required by law to appoint a fiscal representative in Portugal.
Contact us today!
Meet some of our team members
Immigration | Nationality | Global Mobility
Immigration | Nationality
Immigration | Nationality
Are you ready to get your
D2 Visa from Portugal with full legal safety?
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Let's open the door to a brighter new future in Spain.
Fulfill your dream of retiring on the idyllic Mediterranean coast. We can help bring your family with you.
Establish your business in the entrepreneurial Spanish hub with our legal guidance.
Study in one of the favorite destinations for all international students.