Access a successful future with the Highly Skilled Migrant Visa
What are the benefits included in Portugal’s Highly Skilled Migrant Visa?
- Clear criteria. As long as the position and the worker fit the specifications, we will be able to deal with your application quickly and simply – contact our team who will assess your eligibility right away.
- Long duration. After the Blue Card or residence permit is granted, successful applicants will be given an initial 1 year permit, which then can be renowned for a 2-year permit, every 2 years.
- All the benefits of Portuguese residency, including rights to public services, and freedom to travel around the whole Schengen area.
- One of the fastest permits to process. Given its importance, D3 Visas are processed in 60 days. Once you have it, you can obtain a Portuguese Residence Permit within 4 months.
- Eligibility for Portugal’s Non-Habitual Resident (NHR) tax regime.
- Family reunification. Portugal’s Highly Skilled Migrant Visa allows for your immediate family members to come with you and enjoy the same rights.
- A path to Portuguese citizenship. After 5 continuous residency years, you can apply for permanent residency. This is the first step toward obtaining Portuguese citizenship.
Who can apply for the D3 Visa?
- All highly qualified professionals are eligible for this visa. According to Portuguese authorities, a highly qualified professional is an individual whose work requires specialized technical skills or an adequate qualification for the respective exercise.
- Some examples of highly skilled workers include: Information and communication professionals, management positions such as Directors and Chiefs, Researchers, Professors, and PhD students, individuals in the STEM sector, and Legal, Social and Cultural Professionals with expertise.
- In order to qualify for the D3 Visa, you must provide evidence that your expected annual salary is at least 1.5 times the national average gross annual salary or 3 times the Index of Social Support (IAS), which will be 1,329.60€.
- The professional must also have an employment contract or a promise of employment valid for at least 1 year.
Request the guidance of our immigration lawyers in Lisbon
Looking to maximize your opportunities and wish to be hired in Portugal? Or perhaps you’re getting ready to bring in an employee from a foreign country?
Whichever is your current situation, we at Carbray are experts on visas, family support and compliance, no matter how big or small are your needs.
Mastering all the legal obligations while focusing on scaling your career or business can be difficult if done on your own. Our team of immigration lawyers in Lisbon, will provide you with valuable guidance and assistance throughout your application process, so your chances of success in obtaining the visa are maximized.
We have created a smooth, speedy and stress-free path for companies and individuals for more than a decade. You can rest assured that we’ll support all your legal needs, so you can focus on leveraging your opportunities in Portugal.
Our next success story is yours.
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Let's open the door to a brighter new future in Spain.
Fulfill your dream of retiring on the idyllic Mediterranean coast. We can help bring your family with you.
Establish your business in the entrepreneurial Spanish hub with our legal guidance.
Study in one of the favorite destinations for all international students.