D3 Portugal Visa
The D3 Portugal Visa is the ideal visa for non-EU highly skilled professionals who will be working in Portugal. This long-term visa allows the holder to request a Blue Card or residence permit, which gives the right to live and work in the country for 1 year.
Upscale your career in the Portuguese haven for highly skilled individuals by
requesting the D3 Visa:
- The permit can be renowned for a 2 years visa, every 2 years.
- It is a path to Portuguese nationality.
- Possibility of family reunification.
- Freedom of travel around the Schengen area.
Access a successful future with the Highly Skilled Migrant Visa
What are the benefits included in Portugal’s Highly Skilled Migrant Visa?
- Clear criteria. As long as the position and the worker fit the specifications, we will be able to deal with your application quickly and simply – contact our team who will assess your eligibility right away.
- Long duration. After the Blue Card or residence permit is granted, successful applicants will be given an initial 1 year permit, which then can be renowned for a 2-year permit, every 2 years.
- All the benefits of Portuguese residency, including rights to public services, and freedom to travel around the whole Schengen area.
- One of the fastest permits to process. Given its importance, D3 Visas are processed in 60 days. Once you have it, you can obtain a Portuguese Residence Permit within 4 months.
- Eligibility for Portugal’s Non-Habitual Resident (NHR) tax regime.
- Family reunification. Portugal’s Highly Skilled Migrant Visa allows for your immediate family members to come with you and enjoy the same rights.
- A path to Portuguese citizenship. After 5 continuous residency years, you can apply for permanent residency. This is the first step toward obtaining Portuguese citizenship.
Who can apply for the D3 Visa?
- All highly qualified professionals are eligible for this visa. According to Portuguese authorities, a highly qualified professional is an individual whose work requires specialized technical skills or an adequate qualification for the respective exercise.
- Some examples of highly skilled workers include: Information and communication professionals, management positions such as Directors and Chiefs, Researchers, Professors, and PhD students, individuals in the STEM sector, and Legal, Social and Cultural Professionals with expertise.
- In order to qualify for the D3 Visa, you must provide evidence that your expected annual salary is at least 1.5 times the national average gross annual salary or 3 times the Index of Social Support (IAS), which will be 1,329.60€.
- The professional must also have an employment contract or a promise of employment valid for at least 1 year.
Request the guidance of our immigration lawyers in Lisbon
Looking to maximize your opportunities and wish to be hired in Portugal? Or perhaps you’re getting ready to bring in an employee from a foreign country?
Whichever is your current situation, we at Carbray are experts on visas, family support and compliance, no matter how big or small are your needs.
Mastering all the legal obligations while focusing on scaling your career or business can be difficult if done on your own. Our team of immigration lawyers in Lisbon, will provide you with valuable guidance and assistance throughout your application process, so your chances of success in obtaining the visa are maximized.
We have created a smooth, speedy and stress-free path for companies and individuals for more than a decade. You can rest assured that we’ll support all your legal needs, so you can focus on leveraging your opportunities in Portugal.
Our next success story is yours.
Process with CARBRAY
Having guided applicants and companies to successfully obtain work and residence permits, our lawyers have all the contacts and know-how to make the process smooth and speedy.
Avoid unnecessary delays and time wasted due to bureaucratic details. Our team will:
Be your eyes and ears on the ground in Portugal. We will provide you with all of the advice and local knowledge you need.
Support you with a full breakdown of every requirement. Our immigration attorneys will support you with a checklist of every document and the requirements in terms of formats, translations, etc.
Get you to the right appointment at the right office with less waiting time. The initial application must be made in person at the Portuguese Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence. Once you’re given your visa, you will have a set biometrics appointment in Portugal to get your residence permit from the SEF.
Keep you on track with timing so that you never miss a deadline.
Cover all your legal solutions. Including translation of your documents, registration with the local authorities, and collection of your official residency card. Further on, we can deal with visa renewals, permanent residency and citizenship.
What are the D3 Portugal Visa requirements?
To apply for a D3 Portugal Visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Must be a non-EU citizen. The applicant cannot be from the EEA or Switzerland, neither can it be a relative of a citizen from these countries.
- Work & skills documentation. Job contract, role description, CV, Masters or Phd certificate.
- Necessary documentation. A passport that is valid for an additional 3 months beyond the duration of your intended stay, visa application form, criminal record check, travel reservation, private healthcare, passport photos, etc.
- Housing in Portugal. You are required to secure adequate accommodation before you travel to Portugal.
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources to support yourself during your stay. Contact us to learn more about this criteria.
- More documentation required depending on the job you will be fulfilling. Teachers, researchers, cultural professionals, and regulated professions will need to hand in more documentation. Contact us for more details on this.
- After submitting your application, the Portuguese Consulate will have 60 days to process it.
Contact us today!
Meet some of our team members
Immigration | Nationality | Global Mobility
Immigration | Nationality
Immigration | Nationality
Are you ready to get your
D3 Visa from Portugal with full legal safety?
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Let's open the door to a brighter new future in Spain.
Fulfill your dream of retiring on the idyllic Mediterranean coast. We can help bring your family with you.
Establish your business in the entrepreneurial Spanish hub with our legal guidance.
Study in one of the favorite destinations for all international students.