Portugal’s D7 Visa
The D7 Retirement Visa is the perfect option for foreigners that dream
of settling in Portugal and can sustain themselves through passive income.
Start living the life you always wanted by only demonstrating a steady
income of 760€ per month!
Unlock a more fulfilling life in
Portugal through the D7 Visa
In the past couple of years, non-EU citizens have turned to Portugal in search of the perfect place for a dreamy European retirement. With its relatively low cost of living, beautiful sunny weather and landscape, this country certainly offers any retiree the life they want.
Why is the Passive Income Visa one of the most popular options for residency in Portugal?
The Retirement Visa also known as the Passive Income Residency Visa, is valid for two types of people, those who are retirees and those who can sustain themselves and their families through passive income streams, like investments, real estate rentals, personal property and others.
Successful applicants and their families enjoy the right to reside in Portugal and other benefits such as:
- Access to the National Health Service.
- Access to the Portuguese National Education Service and schools.
- Protection of the law and the Portuguese legal system.
- An attractive tax regime as you could benefit from the Non-Habitual Residents Tax Regime (NHR).
What will life look like once you receive the Passive Income Visa for Portugal?
- You can bring your family to Portugal too. If you qualify for the visa (see requirements below) your partner and dependent children, parents or minor siblings are eligible for a joint application. Ask us for more details on this.
- You’ll enjoy the same travel rights as a European citizen. Freedom of movement around the whole Schengen area.
- You can reside in Portugal initially for up to four months. This four-month period will allow you to get organized and apply for a Residence Permit. The second permit has a two-year validity period and can be renewed continuously for three-year periods.
- A path to Portuguese citizenship. After five continuous residency years, you can apply for permanent residency. This is the first step toward obtaining Portuguese citizenship.
Avoid the risks of going it alone! Fast-track your move to Portugal with the help of an Immigration Lawyer in Portugal.
At Carbray we know that your immigration process is not just about the paperwork. It means unlocking exciting opportunities and access to a better lifestyle.
With the Portuguese consulates and embassies occasionally applying the law differently, it’s in your best interest if you let an experienced immigration lawyer handle your process.
Our team of Immigration Lawyers in Portugal have been creating a smooth, speedy and stress-free path for our clients. We’ll guide you through the whole process, so you can take this important step in your life confident that every detail has been taken care of by an expert.
Our next success story is yours.
Process with CARBRAY
As a newcomer, handling the process for the Retirement Visa in Portugal can be difficult. But our lawyers have all the contacts and know-how to make the procedure completely stress-free for you.
Obtain an EU residency for you and your family with our help. Our team will:
- Be your eyes and ears on the ground in Portugal. We will provide you with all of the advice and local knowledge you need.
- Provide you with a full breakdown of every document you need. Our immigration attorneys will support you with a checklist of every and the requirements in terms of formats, translations etc.
- Get you to the right appointment at the right office with less waiting time. The initial application must be made in person at the Portuguese Consulate or Embassy in your country of origin or residence. We will coordinate everything for you. Once you’re given your visa, you will have a set biometrics appointment in Portugal to get your residence permit from the SEF.
- Keep you on track with timing so that you never miss a deadline.
- Cover all your legal solutions. Including registering with the local authorities and collecting your official residency card. Further on, we can deal with visa renewals, and eventually permanent residency and citizenship. Let us know your situation and we will handle everything on your behalf.
What are the requirements?
The requirements for the Portugal D7 Visa are very straightforward.
- Passive income requirement: As the main applicant, you must prove that your income equals at least 760€ per month or 9.120€ a year. For each additional adult, you must demonstrate 380€ (4.560€ a year). For each additional minor under 18 years of age, you must demonstrate 228€ (2.736€ a year).
- Necessary documentation: Criminal record check, private Portuguese healthcare, Portuguese NIF tax number, passport photos, etc.
- Open a bank account to prove financial means: We can help you open a Portuguese bank account remotely. An amount sufficient for the family to live for a year must be transferred to this account.
- Housing in Portugal. You are required to secure adequate accommodation before you travel to Portugal. We can provide further details on this.
- Stay requirement: As a D7 visa holder, on average, you must spend a minimum of six consecutive months, or eight non-consecutive months, in Portugal, per year.
- After submitting your application, the Portuguese Consulate will have 90 days to process it.
You’re in good hands!
Are you ready to get your Portugal Visa with full legal safety?
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Let's open the door to a brighter new future in Spain.
Fulfill your dream of retiring on the idyllic Mediterranean coast. We can help bring your family with you.
Establish your business in the entrepreneurial Spanish hub with our legal guidance.
Study in one of the favorite destinations for all international students.