All you have to know about the Italian Citizenship through Descent or Marriage
What are the benefits of Italian nationality?
- Permanent citizenship, with all of the living and working rights of a European citizen.
- An Italian passport, known as one of the most powerful in the world, giving visa free access to more than 130 countries worldwide, as well as complete freedom of movement within the Schengen area.
- Open the path for your family to enjoy the same benefits.
Who can apply?
In many cases, you can claim Italian nationality no matter how many generations between you and the ancestor (ie through parents, grandparents, even great-grandparents or further back). However, there are some exceptions depending when the ancestors were born and if they maintained their Italian nationality throughout their life. We always do a pre-feasibility study, completely free of charge, to consider all aspects before getting started with your case – contact us.
Depending on whether or not you live in Italy, and/or have children with your spouse, the time criteria are slightly different. To talk to an expert about the most up-to-date criteria
Process with CARBRAY
Having guided hundreds of applicants to successfully obtain European citizenship, our lawyers have all the contacts and know-how to make the process completely stress free for you. You can relax knowing the whole process is in expert hands.
How we work:
- Pre-feasibility study, free of charge. To save you time and money, we always conduct an initial study to confirm the viability of your application. To get started, contact us.
- Documentation management. Once feasibility is confirmed, we oversee the process of collecting the documentation needed with the correct translations and formats. We meticulously check all application forms and material so you won’t slip up due to bureaucratic details.
- Progress tracking and follow-up. We’ll be in frequent contact with the Italian authorities to check the status of your application and provide them with any additional items they may request. You’ll never miss a notification or deadline.
- Dedicated member of our team who will keep you updated and will answer any questions you may have for the whole duration of the application process.
- Coordination from beginning to end Even once your application is confirmed, we will continue to assist you by coordinating your appointment to collect your Italian passport at your local consulate, so you can enjoy the benefits asap.
What are the requirements?
During the pre-feasibility study we will establish the documentation needed and make sure it is possible to obtain. The exact documents required will depend on your case, and we will advise you on every step. Most commonly:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Necessary personal documentation – criminal record checks, identification from your current country of origin etc.
Find out more about our process and how we’ll help you every step of the way.
You’re in good hands!
Don't take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Opening the door to a bright future
Removing boundaries for global prosperity.
All your legal needs for setting up or growing your business in Spain.
Manager and acquire your assets easily and safely