Wondering how to get the Spanish nationality by residence? We can help you get it in record time.
What are the benefits of claiming Spanish Nationality by Residency?
- Permanent citizenship, with all of the living and working rights of a Spanish and European citizen, including the right to vote.
- A Spanish passport, known as one of the most powerful in the world, giving visa free access to more than 130 countries worldwide, as well as complete freedom of movement within the Schengen area.
- Open the path for your family to enjoy the same benefits.
When can you apply?
In most cases, you can apply for Spanish Citizenship by Residency after living in Spain continuously for 10 years. There are some exceptions where the requirement is shorter:
- After 5 years’ residence in Spain – if you obtained residence through refugee status.
- After 2 years’ residence in Spain – if your current nationality is a Latin American country, Andorra, the Philippines, Equatorial Guinea, Portugal or you can prove Sephardic origin.
- After 1 year’s residence in Spain – if you were born in Spain, have Spanish parents, have married a Spanish citizen, or fulfil any of the criteria of Spanish Nationality by descent but hadn’t previously applied for nationality.
Process with CARBRAY
Having guided hundreds of applicants to successfully obtain Spanish citizenship, our lawyers have all the contacts and know-how to make the process completely stress free for you. The Carbray team will be with you every step of the way, so that you can relax knowing the whole process is in expert hands.
How we work:
- Initial review to confirm that you are eligible and advise you on the best procedure for for obtaining your Spanish Citizenship by Residency.
- Full instructions and breakdown of every document necessary necessary in your exact case, information on format and translation requirements, as well as detailed guidance on completing the application form. Our team meticulously checks everything is correct before submitting.
- Progress tracking – we are constantly in touch with the appropriate embassies and authorities to make sure you never miss a notification or a deadline. Our knowledge and contacts both in Spain and with Spanish embassies abroad mean you get the right appointment at the right office with less waiting time.
- Dedicated member of our team available throughout the process of opting for Spanish Nationality. We’re here to help with any questions or problems you may have.
- Service that goes beyond the application confirmation – once your application has been accepted, we’ll also oversee the process of getting your Spanish passport so you can access all the benefits as soon as possible
What are the requirements?
Although the documentation is quite simple, the criteria are slightly different in each circumstance. Our team will guide you on exactly which documents, formats and specifications you need to submit according to your exact case, for example:
- Documentation demonstrating the criteria, if you have a reduced residence requirement (5, 2 or 1 year).
- Exam certificates – some applicants will need to take a Spanish language and Spanish history & culture exam. We will give you all of the information on whether you need to take these and how to apply for them.
- Completed application form & receipt of paid fee.
- Necessary personal documentation – current identification and residence permit for Spain, demonstration of sufficient funds etc.
Find out more about how we will help you every step of the way.
You’re in good hands!
Don't take our word for it! Check out what our former clients have to say about us
We offer a range of solutions for your legal needs in Spain.
Opening the door to a bright future
Removing boundaries for global prosperity.
All your legal needs for setting up or growing your business in Spain.
Manager and acquire your assets easily and safely